Business Development/Education Specialist
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
Now imagine a nation where every child is taught in school, along with reading, writing, and arithmetic, how to ride a bike. All Kids Bike® is a national movement led by the Strider® Education Foundation to place Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Programs into public schools for free, using donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations.
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
Strider and the nonprofit Strider Education Foundation are looking for a Business Development Specialist to drive our grassroots and mid-level donor program. This is a fast-paced, evolving position in a growing company and a newly formed nonprofit, with potential growth in responsibilities and roles. A willingness to perform various additional functions and to provide support for the team and mission is critical. The ideal candidate must be capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
All interested applicants must:
- Possess knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Have 2 or more years of experience as a business development representative, sales account manager or similar role
- Be motivated and results driven
Functions and Qualifications:
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Strider, The Strider Education Foundation and the All Kids Bike campaign
- Have a proven history of successful relationship management, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Self-confident, self-directed, forward-thinking and detail oriented
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with potential partners or donors
- Create individual long term and ongoing plans to proactively seek new opportunities to present our company and foundation to potential partners
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to a variety of audiences
- Communicate with donors regularly to maintain a close rapport and ensure continued donations
- Ability to make direct appeals to both renewing and prospective donors
- Be a willing learner with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Confident contacting potential partners, prospective donors, and referrals through cold calls and emails
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation or individual donors
- Flexibility to travel and attend functions or events
- Ability to prioritize tasks, react to inbound inquiries, and accurately record or document actions
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to assist with some after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is located in Rapid City, SD
- Regular Office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
- Travel to various regional locations should be expected
- Salary depends on experience and qualifications
- This is a full time, non-exempt position and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks.
Strider Sports International, Inc., is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. Strider is a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day June 14, 2019.
Apply at https://www.striderbikes.com/employment