Marketing Support Specialist
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
Strider is looking for someone with a variety of marketing skills to help promote the Strider brand and the nonprofit, Strider Education Foundation through collaborative efforts with our major campaign and social media teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. The ideal candidate will be capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision. They will have a passion for marketing, own their mistakes, be proud of their achievements and have the willingness to tackle projects of all kinds.
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. This is your chance to put your marketing skills to work for a company with a worldwide reach.
All interested applicants must:
- Possess knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Have 2 or more years of relative experience
- Have the ability to collaborate with several people on the same project
- Have the ability to handle constructive feedback
Functions and Qualifications:
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Strider
- Experience creating email campaigns with Constant Contact, Active Campaign, or MailChimp
- Produce consumer and dealer email communications
- Work effectively on wide a range of campaigns and projects
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and experience using Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to create and manage engaging social media content
- Experience with posting and advertising on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Self-confident, self-directed, forward-thinking and detail oriented
- Ability to research campaign specific data, facts, and supporting ideas
- Perform support duties including, but not limited to, database management, maintenance of marketing and sales materials, and coordination of event logistics
- Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with departments and staff within Strider and the Strider Education Foundation
- Provide exceptional, personal communication with and support of the National Ambassadors for the Strider Education Foundation
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to assist with some after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is located in Rapid City, SD
- Regular Office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
- Salary depends on experience and qualifications
- This is a full time, non-exempt position and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks. Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day June 14, 2019.
Apply at https://www.striderbikes.com/employment