Do you love ALL the numbers? Are balance sheets and income statements your thing? Do you want to use those skills to change the world? Now is your time.
We are on a mission to change the world, one child and two little wheels at a time. If you can help us with the accounting and financial reporting to guide our mission, we saved a spot for you…your desk is ready!
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bikes. Headquartered in Rapid City, SD this global company is rapidly expanding and seeking candidates who want to live and work in the amazing Black Hills. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure! With revenues nearing 30 million this company is poised for growth.
Strider is looking for a strong, financial-minded manager to lead a team of talented people in our finance department. The ideal candidate will have experience with ERP-level accounting and inventory systems. Primary duties will include supplying all reporting and financial information necessary for the executive team to conduct strategic analysis as well as working closely with department managers on budget management, and forecasting. The company has numerous warehouses and multiple international distributors that provide both challenge and opportunity.
- Direct leadership of a team of up to four people in the finance and operations departments
- Manage the general ledger and supporting accounting systems for Strider and 3 other companies housed at Strider HQ ensuring accurate financial information for presentation to the leadership team
- Manage the accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefits plan reporting functions
- Manage all business- related insurance policies as well as the 401K and employee benefits
- Lead the development and enforcement of policies and procedures related to internal controls and accounting disciplines
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements and reports, account reconciliations and analysis for presentation to the leadership team.
- Guide managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration
- Strong and consistent communication with five other department managers to guide decisions and the overall success of the company and its 30+ employees
- Prepare and manage the annual budget
- Understand the monthly and annual forecast and use it for accurate cash flow projections
- Supervise the payroll function to ensure payroll is distributed timely and accurately
- A knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- A minimum of 6 years of accounting management experience reflecting progressive responsibility, leading departments and/or functions
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required; CPA or CMA designation preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills through management of professional employee groups
- Solid foundation in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and proficiency with Netsuite or other large ERP platforms, as well as Quick Books
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude is a must
Location and hours:
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard, and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to occasionally assist after hour/weekend events
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Core office hours are Mon-Thurs 7:30 to 5pm and Friday from 8 to noon.
- $70 to $85k depending upon experience
- This position reports to the COO
- This full-time, exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, holiday pay, a 401K plan, profit sharing, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks.