Location: Rapid City, SD
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding. Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. This position is located in Rapid City, SD within the Strider World Headquarters, but works primarily with the All Kids Bike campaign. (The All Kids Bike campaign is a national movement led by the Strider® Education Foundation to place Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Programs into public schools, using donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations.)
We are looking to hire a School Funding and Outreach Specialist who can help All Kids Bike keep up with the tremendous growth of the Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Program in schools across the nation. The role will have responsibilities that range from school communications, fundraising efforts, and basic administrative duties. This position requires excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, the urgency to work within deadlines and an understanding of working in the nonprofit world.
The most qualified candidates will be passionate about kid’s health and seeing them build their confidence through learning to ride bikes. Successful candidates will be extremely organized, computer savvy and ready to join a fast-moving team that is ever evolving.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the All Kids Bike campaign and the Strider products that support it
- Documenting and tracking details of communications and results
- Enthusiastically handle incoming calls from schools, organizations, and team members with a smile
- Responsive outreach to teachers and school administrators with detailed information about curricula and products offered
- Demonstrate a variety of customer relations talents (face to face, written, on the phone, or digital)
- Ability to research a variety of topics and gather relevant data
- Able to demonstrate professionalism in all communications
- Sales of products and curriculum from both inbound and existing leads
- Be a cheerleader to keep schools motivated with fundraising efforts by utilizing various fundraising techniques and methods
- Have a proven history of successful relationship management, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience writing effective and professional emails to individuals as well as large audiences
- Self-confident, self-directed, forward thinking and detail oriented
- Be a willing learner with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks, react to inbound inquiries, and accurately record or document actions
- Ability to effectively communicate with our team, educators, prospects, media, and others with a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask a variety of outgoing and incoming directives
- Comfortable and efficient with computers and electronic communication including email and logging correspondence in CRM
- Hard work ethic and commitment to the brand and mission
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude is a must
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit organiziation
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and possibly internationally
Location and Hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Regular office hours are Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Hours will need to be flexed to achieve a 40-hour week
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $17-$23 per hour depending upon experience
- This position reports to the Executive Director of the Strider Education Foundation
- This full time, non-exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid sick leave, paid vacation, a 401K plan, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks..
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day April 27, 2022, by filling out the Employment Application form below.