Strider is looking for a visionary person with the desire to help lead a global company to the next level; a roll-up-their-sleeves type who can see the bigger picture and is skilled in successfully developing and executing strategic plans while empowering high performing staff.
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding. Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. This position is located in Rapid City, SD within the Strider World Headquarters.
The Director of Marketing’s primary responsibility will be to generate revenue and increase sales through market research, product marketing, communications, advertising initiatives and public relations.
This impactful leadership position will play a vital role in the company’s success and have important responsibilities that range from creative influence to business strategy. The DOM will use an analytical approach to drive a deep understanding of our fast-changing business and translate data into actionable insights with a focus on revenue growth and increasing market penetration throughout the world.
This person reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer but will meet regularly with the CEO and key leadership. The most qualified candidates should have experience in analyzing critical business data and developing improvement plans for advertising analytics. They will also have a background of proven leadership, an enthusiasm for all things marketing, a can-do attitude, and a belief that the more kids we get outside and riding, the better the world will be.
All interested applicants must:
- Possess a knowledge of Strider and the market we serve.
- Have the ability to understand, embrace, and portray the joy, challenge, adventure, and excitement that riding brings to life.
- Develop and implement a 1 to 3 year strategic plan for aggressive growth of brand awareness and market share
- Coach, mentor, and provide oversight to a world-class creative marketing team of up to 8 people
- Drive revenue by increasing sales through marketing activities
- Negotiate advertising contacts
- Oversee the company’s overall advertising strategy
- Plan, direct, and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance with organizational goals
- Conduct market research studies and analyze the results
- Determine and track KPIs for the marketing department
- Work with business development, product, and customer service teams daily
- Use data and reports to make evidence-based decisions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology
- Lead a marketing team through the creative and brainstorming efforts for future projects
- Have 3+ years of marketing experience with a major brand
- Prior experience working in the outdoor, active, or powersports industry
- Have experience with E-Commerce and Mass Retail
- Hands-on experience with CRM and SEO tools
- Have a deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- In-depth knowledge of big data analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be both analytical and creative
- Be able to prioritize and complete projects under tight schedules
- Have the ability to collaborate with several departments on the same project
- Have the desire to lead a global company to the next level through the messaging, voice, imagery, and branding of the love of riding
- MA in Marketing, Management, or similar relevant field is a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Be committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard, and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and Internationally by vehicle or airline
- Must be willing to occasionally assist after hours or for weekend events
Location and Hours:
- This position is located in Rapid City, SD
- Core Office hours are Mon-Thurs 8 am to 5 pm and Fri 8 am to Noon
- Domestic and International travel as well as occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $95,000 to $135,000
- This position reports to the COO.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, a 401K plan, profit sharing, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks.
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter.