LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding. Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. This position is located in Rapid City, SD within the Strider World Headquarters in the Education and Benevolence Department that supports the All Kids Bike campaign, a national movement led by the Strider® Education Foundation (501c3) to place Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Programs into public schools, using donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations.
The most qualified candidates will be passionate about kids’ health and seeing them build their confidence through learning to ride bikes. Candidates will be extremely organized and computer savvy and ready to join a fast-moving team that is ever evolving including handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.
The Strider Education Foundation seeks an experienced nonprofit business leader skilled in successfully executing strategic plans and empowering high performing staff. This impactful leadership position will be the strategic driver of ideas for development and fundraising to carry out the mission of the organization as well as ensuring sound financial practices.
All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience with the ability to point to specific examples of having developed operational strategies that have taken an organization the next stage of growth.
The Executive Director position reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for working directly with the education and benevolence department. Excellent planning skills, and an adaptable and entrepreneurial mindset are keys to success. A background in business and operational leadership is a must.
- Ability to engage in complex fiscal management through hands-on budgetary development and oversight
- Foster a collaborative working environment, encourage professional development and champion accountability amongst employees, board members, partner organizations and funders
- Provide a long-term vision and a framework for executing that vision
- Drive development and fundraising collaboration
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and ensure overall successful long-term operations
- Assure the organization makes consistent and timely progress in achieving its mission and impact
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and rigorous program evaluation
- Daily tracking of all donated funds as well as exceptional record keeping of all donated Learn-To-Ride programs
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with departments and staff within Strider Sports Int’l to identify new opportunities for growth in a rapidly changing and competitive environment
- Develop, or refine, effective and efficient processes for a fast growing nonprofit organization
- Influential leader, coach, and competent business manager
- Passion that is reflected in their desire to roll up their sleeves and do the difficult work when necessary
- Being self-aware as a result of knowing their strengths and weaknesses and take responsibility for themselves and their team
- A knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management
- Understand basic accounting functions
- At least 3 years of prior executive experience as a successful leader of a nonprofit, or similar organization
- Be able to prioritize and complete projects under tight deadlines and work with different departments
- Have the ability to collaborate with several people internally and remotely on the same project
- Must have exceptional computer skills and be comfortable working with various forms of technology
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Experience working with schools is preferred
- Experience working with children with special needs is a plus
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude is a must
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to occasionally assist after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Regular office hours are Mon-Thurs 8 am to 5 pm and Fri 8am to noon
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $72-$96K depending upon experience
- This position reports to the Board of Directors.
- This full time, exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, a 401K plan, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day September 19th.