Grounds, Facilities and Fleet Maintenance
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
“At Strider we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding.If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bikes. Headquartered in Rapid City, SD this global company and seeking candidates who want to live and work in the amazing Black Hills. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
While toddlers make riding a Strider look easy, it takes a lot of skill and elbow grease to keep our infrastructure running smoothly. If you want to put your mechanical background to work in a place that is truly changing kids’ lives all over the world, we want you to join our team.
The perfect candidate will notice the details that others miss and take pride in their daily work. Strong mechanical skills and organizational thinking are a must to maintain a world class level headquarters for an international company. This position oversees the upkeep of the building, that includes a large warehouse, office for up to 40 staff, and a lobby/company museum that is open to the public, the grounds, a fleet of vehicles and trailers, and equipment such as forklifts and lawn tractor. A true team player, the person in this role will also assist in the warehouse with receipt and fulfillment of shipments or building event materials for our marketing team.
• Daily upkeep of the World Headquarters of Strider Sports International
• Manage, service, repair and clean facility utilities, infrastructure and furniture
• Manage and order facility cleaning and consumable supplies
• Coordinate with and manage contracted cleaning service
• Coordinate and schedule routine inspections and repair for elevator, fire suppression, extinguishers, roof, HVAC, etc.
• Respond to physical security and first response incidents
• Maintain, clean and perform/schedule routine vehicle maintenance on vehicle, trailer, and equipment fleet
• Seasonal maintenance of lawn sprinkler systems
• Perform (with a team) Strider Nature Trail Maintenance
• Snow removal and lawn care
• Overall landscaping upkeep and improvements
• Furniture and fixture movement throughout the building
• Assist with fabrication of event materials as needed
• Assist as needed with container unload and forklift operation
• Assist as needed with order fulfillment during peak season
• Proven, clean driving record
• 2-3 years of hands-on experience with facilities/grounds management or similar mechanical history
• Comfortable with and knowledgeable of all kinds of tools and power tools
• Basic computer literacy and ability to work in email and other shared systems
• Experience driving a forklift
• Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
• Enthusiastic and positive attitude is a must
• Past warehouse experience
• Welding experience
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using phone, computer keyboard, and monitor
• Must be able to travel freely within the US and willing to occasionally assist after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
• This position is in Rapid City, SD
• Regular office hours are Mon-Thurs 7:30 to 5pm and Friday 7:30-12:00
• $38,000 to $50,000 upon experience
• This full-time, exempt position reports to the Logistics and Inventory Manager and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, a 401K plan, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action: re-read this description and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by filling out the Employment Application form below.