Location: Rapid City, SD
If you have a passion for life on two wheels, adventure, freedom, bicycles and motorcycles, why not align your passion with your career?
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and young children. While we are distributed world-wide, we are proud to have our headquarters in Rapid City, SD. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure! We are currently seeking a Product Manager. This position is based out of our Strider World Headquarters in Rapid City, SD, however, international travel may be occasionally expected.
Strider is looking for that enthusiastic and detail-oriented person who can compile and manage all product projects and documentation. This includes but is not limited to management of bill of materials (BOM), CAD drawing management, engineering change management, global test certifications and quality assurance. This person reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer and is responsible for working with our internal and external stakeholders to maintain and develop a line of world class products.
While all Strider products are designed in the U.S. at Strider HQ, nearly all manufacturing is done in China through a foreign production management company in Taiwan. Good communication through email and the occasional video call is key. Patience, clear and concise messaging, and an understanding of cultural differences is beneficial.
The Product Manager will:
- Manage and be responsible for Product Quality Control, Product Development & Management and Regulatory Compliance/Testing (i.e. CE, CPSC).
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process.
- Ability to manage sourcing, price quotes and negotiations.
- Develop, implement and manage effective Quality Control and Product Development & Management processes that are defined, documented, and communicated with stakeholders.
- Monitor, develop and manage departmental plans, budgets and staffing needs.
- Implement, manage and maintain means for data storage to include: product information including electronic drawings, BOMs, ENs, testing, etc…
- Work cross-functionally with all other departments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Be familiar with domestic and international laws and regulations relating to Strider products, including consumer product safety laws.
- Ensure all necessary product testing is completed and all products conform to such laws and regulations to align with ready to order list.
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues and effectively communicate all relevant QC, Regulatory and Product issues and updates, including; Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Logistics.
- Effectively communicate with international production factories.
- Gather, analyze and interpret product feedback from internal sources, distributors, dealers and customers and drive product improvement.
- Provide quality assurance, analyze quality and warranty data trends, work with both production sources and internal stakeholders to ensure all requested changes are documented and put into production.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Business, equivalent degree, or similar life experiences required.
- Have sound judgement and decision-making skills, and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Have excellent listening, verbal, and written skills with attention to details.
- Have intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word and Solidworks
- Have experience in project management and leadership
- Previous experience in manufacturing.
- Bicycle knowledge.
- Previous ERP experience.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US
- Some international travel should be expected
Location and Hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Regular office hours are Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Additional hours will need to be flexed to achieve a 40-hour week
- International communication is key to this role and some evening calls should be expected
- Negotiable depending on experience
- This position reports to the COO
- This full time, non-exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid sick leave, paid vacation, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day February 1, 2022, by filling out the Employment Application form below.