Location: Rapid City, SD
If you have a passion for life on two wheels, adventure, freedom, bicycles and motorcycles, why not align your passion with your career?
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and young children. While we are distributed world-wide, we are proud to have our headquarters in Rapid City, SD. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure! We are currently seeking a Product Specialist. This position is based out of our Strider World Headquarters in Rapid City, SD, however, international travel may be occasionally expected.
Strider is looking for that enthusiastic and detail-oriented person who can take a product from concept to 3D CAD model and drawings as well as compile and manage all product documentation. This includes but is not limited to management of bill of materials (BOM) and engineering change management. This person reports directly to the Product Manager and is responsible for working with our internal and external stakeholders to maintain current and historical product documentation.
While all Strider products are fully designed in the U.S. at Strider HQ, nearly all manufacturing is done in China through a foreign production management company in Taiwan. Good communication through email and the occasional video call is key. Patience, clear and concise messaging, and an understanding of cultural differences is beneficial.
The Product Specialist will:
- Create and maintain consistent format for documentation of Product Quality Control, Product Development and Management and Regulatory Compliance/Testing (i.e. CE, CPSC).
- Manage and maintain means for data storage to include product information such as electronic drawings, BOMs, ENs, testing, etc…
- Provide quality assurance, analyze quality and warranty data trends, work with both production sources and internal stakeholders to ensure all requested changes are documented and put into production.
- Work cross-functionally with all other departments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Be familiar with domestic and international laws and regulations relating to Strider products, including consumer product safety laws.
- Ensure all design and initial product testing is completed and all products conform to such laws and regulations to align with global sales.
- Effectively communicate with international production factories.
- Effectively communicate internally with all departments for reporting status of design and development projects.
Requirements & Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Business, equivalent degree, or similar life experiences required.
- Have sound judgement and decision-making skills, and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Have excellent listening, verbal, and written skills with attention to details.
- Have intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word and Solidworks
- Previous experience in manufacturing.
- Previous ERP experience.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Based in Rapid City, SD, regular Office hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30 am to 5 pm and Friday 8 to 12.
- Additional hours will need to be flexed in order to achieve a 40 hour week.
- International communication is key to this role and some evening calls should be expected.
- Some travel should be expected to include potential international destinations.
- $45,000-$55,000 depending upon experience.
- This is a full-time, exempt position and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by filling out the Employment Application form below.