LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
“At Strider, we love riding bikes and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids to not only learn to ride, but to develop a lifelong love of riding. Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. This position is located in Rapid City, SD within the Strider World Headquarters on the Education and Benevolence Department that supports the All Kids Bike campaign, a national movement led by the Strider® Education Foundation to place Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Programs into public schools, using donations from individuals, businesses, and organizations.
Strider is looking to hire a School Support Specialist/Admin Assistant who can help All Kids Bike keep up with the tremendous growth of the Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Program in schools across the nation. The role will have responsibilities that range from school communications, donor communication tracking, and basic administrative duties. This position requires excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, the urgency to work within deadlines and an understanding of working in the nonprofit world.
The most qualified candidates will be passionate about kid’s health and seeing them build their confidence through learning to ride bikes. Candidates will be extremely organized and computer savvy and ready to join a fast-moving team that is ever evolving including handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the All Kids Bike campaign and the Strider products that support it
- Documenting and tracking details of communications and results
- Enthusiastically handle incoming calls from schools, organizations, and team members with a smile
- Responsive outreach to teachers and school administrators with detailed information about curricula and products offered
- Demonstrate a variety of customer relations talents (face to face, written, on the phone, or digital)
- Ability to research a variety of topics and gather relevant data
- Writing effective and professional emails to individuals as well as large audiences
- Sales of products and curriculum from both inbound and existing leads
- Monitor and assign emails to an automated email system
- Have a proven history of successful relationship management, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Self-confident, self-directed, forward thinking and detail oriented
- Be a willing learner with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks, react to inbound inquiries, and accurately record or document actions
- Ability to effectively communicate with our team, educators, prospects, media, and others with a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask a variety of outgoing and incoming directives
- Comfortable and efficient with computers and electronic communication including email and logging correspondence in CRM
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to assist with some after hour/weekend events
Location and Hours:
- This position is located in Rapid City, SD at the Strider Sports Int’l World Headquarters building
- Regular office hours are Monday-Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8am to 12pm
- Wage depends on experience and qualifications
- This is a full time, non-exempt position and qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, health insurance, and an extensive list of perks.
Are you ready to change lives? Apply now!
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by end of day September 16th.