Every year on May 9, World Strider Day celebrates the confidence and joy that riding a bike sparks in young children. The Founder of Strider Bikes, Ryan McFarland, created the first Strider Bike for his then-two-year old son, Bode. As Bode was the inspiration behind the Strider brand, it’s very fitting that World Strider Day is celebrated on his birthday!
This year, Bode is turning 20 years old and has grown to be an extremely skilled and confident rider. His favorite trick is doing a whip and getting the back end out on a big floater. Bode believes that biking is the best sport because it’s fun, improves cardio-vascular fitness, boosts energy, builds muscle, and improves coordination. He thinks that challenging yourself to learn new things and the discipline you need in biking will transfer over to other aspects of life.
To celebrate World Strider Day, Bode recently built the Strider Rider 1 – Race Edition. For this limited-edition custom-built Strider, Bode chose:
- An aluminum Metallic Maroon 12 Pro Frame and Fork for lightweight and stylish shredding
- An ultra-lightweight ST-R Carbon Wheel Set for extra grip in the dirt and smooth rolling on the pavement (and a whole lotta cool)
- An Aluminum Flat Handlebar (securely attached with a high-performance ST-R Pro Stem Adapter) for a slightly forward and extra aggressive stance
- Blue Classic Grips for some awesome added flare
- A Performance Seat with an extra-long seatpost
Celebrate World Strider Day and Bike Month in style with the limited edition Strider Rider 1 – Race Edition. Plus, save $200 while supplies last!
Discount automatically applied in cart. Limit one (1) offer per customer.